Whether you’ve recently migrated to a cloud platform or are thinking of making this move, you’ve likely examined several options. Understanding the process, implementations, and costs, are just a few of the associated items. However, working with a reputable managed services provider (MSP) with long-term vendor partnerships is something that can help ease these concerns.
Once you’ve chosen a specific cloud data management product, bringing everything together can seem challenging. Choosing an automation tool to help drive this transformation can ease the burden on you, your staff, and customers.
From data protection modernization, to hybrid cloud acceleration, and data security and compliance, automating these tasks can be the difference between a smooth transition and one that can cause additional challenges and service disruptions.
Learn more about some of the steps you can take—and technologies you can implement—to ease this transition.
Automation Equals a Seamless
As previously mentioned, effectively transforming IT processes can be daunting on its own, but it doesn’t have to be. When partnering with the right vendors and service providers, you’ll attain peace of mind, while still upholding regular business processes.
Automating routine tasks, such as those outlined below, can help with this transition:
As your organization grows, your IT staff might be focused on additional work that’s diverting them from strategic projects. Automating outdated legacy systems used for everyday tasks, such as backup and recovery, is the first step to overcoming any operational obstacles. Migrating to a cloud-based system will also help your employees with efficiency and productivity.
Ease of Migration
This facilitates greater flexibility, quick deployment, and tools for both your employees and customers.
Security & Compliance
With policies constantly updated and revised, it’s impossible to stay current on a regular basis. Automation allows your organization to consistently set and monitor these areas for full protection.
Common Business Challenges
Once you’ve chosen a specific cloud data management product, bringing everything together can seem challenging.
As many organizations often struggle with challenges related to multiple infrastructures, it can be daunting to achieve a cohesive platform. According to a white paper published by analysis firm Frost & Sullivan on 2020 CIO Cloud Data Management Initiatives, 52 percent of those surveyed identified “migrating applications or data across environments as a key challenge that hinders their IT initiatives.”
The report also cites 74 percent of respondents noted “incomplete visibility across the total environment as a challenge.”
Multiple platforms are likely to cause integration challenges within your organization without a comprehensive, automated cloud-management solution. This not only will affect your bottom line, but also your employee productivity and customer satisfaction.
Data Management "Must-Haves"
An effective, automated, and secure data management solution helps with ease of integrating security and governance directly within your platforms. If this is something your organization can benefit from, it’s best to look for a solution that’s built on the following:
- Security Assessment & Compliance Guidelines: These should be based on predetermined parameters.
- Compliance Measures: Ensure all applicable regulations are met via GDPR, HIPAA, SoX, PCI and others.
- Protection from Ransomware, Malware & Other Threats: Gain peace of mind knowing your networks are fully secure.
- Workload & Application Integrity: This is accomplished through regular patch and application testing.
- Data Integrity Assurance: To facilitate regular reporting and transparency processes.
- Data Continuity: Ensure your network experiences minimal downtime regardless of workload, organization, and location.
- Unified Backup, Disaster Recovery & Migration: Look for a single solution that can handle this, as well as data mobility protection.
- Capacity Planning & Management: Intelligent solutions understand your data to convey proactive suggestions for storage space as your company grows.
On-Time, Secure Backups
If your organization is considering a digital transformation and you want to ensure a secure, compliant, and automated solution, it’s best to work with a reputable MSP boasting strong vendor partnerships.